People with crooked teeth can benefit from the advantages of Invisalign. If you have not heard about this new orthodontic treatment method, here are some of the things you should know about it.
- Invisalign straightens teeth using invisible braces, making the treatment discrete
- Invisalign utilizes transparent aligners sets, which are removable, in order to correct crooked teeth without the use of brackets or wires.
- Proven to be clinically-effective, Invisalign has become quite popular among US-based dental practitioners.
The Invisalign Process
To understand how Invisalign works, here are the usual steps involved:
- atients will be wearing aligner sets in succession, with each one lasting for two weeks and can only be removed when eating, drinking and brushing teeth.
- Teeth re-alignment will be observed as the patient goes thru the aligner sets. These aligners were designed to gradually-reposition teeth to the desired position outlined in the treatment plan, which was designed by the orthodontist.During treatment, patients will visit the orthodontist for progress checks to make sure that the treatment plan is being followed.
- On the average, a treatment program can be as short as 9 months or as long as 15 months, depending on the teeth’s condition. The number of aligner sets can range from 18 to 30, also dependent on the complexity of the treatment plan.
Amazing Invisalign Aligners
The key to the success of Invisalign lies with these aligners. They are designed using the latest in 3D imaging technology, under the supervision of an experienced and expert orthodontist.